Shiny is a bunch of libraries and frameworks designed to make .NET (with an emphasis on Xamarin) a pleasant cross platform experience.
Xamarin Mobile Features
- Handles all of the cruft like Permissions, main thread traversal, persistent storage and app restarts
- Brings your infrastructure to the background
- Provides logging to ensure you know when your services fail in the background
- Gives a clean & testable API surface for your code
- BLE Client & Hosting
- Beacons Ranging & Monitoring
- Locations - GPS, Geofencing, & Activity Monitoring (driving, walking, etc)
- Push Notification - Native, Azure Notifications Hubs, Firebase, and more
- Local Notifications - best of breed local notifications supporting almost all features across all of the supported platforms
- Near Field Communications (NFC) - easy to use NFC tag reader
- Sensors - every sensor available on your mobile phone is here
- Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration implementation that matters to mobile users
- Cross Platform & Smart localization abstractions
- Email Loading Templating, & Sending on steroids!
- Truly cross platform push notification management - replace your Azure Notification Hub implementations!
- Managed WebHook registration platform