Shiny is a cross platform framework designed for Xamarin & UWP to make working with device services and background processes easy, testable, and consistent while bringing things like dependency injection & logging in a structured way to your code!
Shiny was not intended to be a set of plugins! It is built around a hosting framework, so that things like platform lifecycles and additional dependencies can be used throughout the Shiny libraries.
- Handles all of the cruft like Permissions, main thread traversal, persistent storage and app restarts
- Brings your infrastructure to the background
- Provides logging to ensure you know when your services fail in the background
- Gives a clean & testable API surface for your code
- BLE Client & Hosting
- Beacons Ranging & Monitoring
- Locations - GPS, Geofencing, & Activity Monitoring (driving, walking, etc)
- Push Notification - Native, Azure Notifications Hubs, Firebase, and more
- Local Notifications - best of breed local notifications supporting almost all features across all of the supported platforms
- Near Field Communications (NFC) - easy to use NFC tag reader
- Sensors - every sensor available on your mobile phone is here